This course will teach you how to build a card game using Apple's 2D gaming framework called SpriteKit.
What will I learn in this course?
- The MVC pattern
- The Swift programming language
- SKNodes (SKSpriteNode, SKScene, ...)
- Animations in SpriteKit
- Cross-device compatibility (support all iPhones starting from iPhone 4 and the iPad)
- Keeping your code structured & organized
- The entire game mechanics for creating a Tripeak Solitaire game
What are the requirements?
- A Mac
- XCode 7 or higher (free in the Appstore)
- Some level of experience in Swift or Objective-C
What will I get from this course?
- Over 25 video & written lectures
- The entire source code of the card game
- You're free to release this game in the Appstore (and monetize it!)
- A great starter project for creating your own game
- All assets & classes are free to use in all of your own projects
- Email support when you're facing a bug or when you're stuck somewhere (reply within 24 hours)
The game you'll be creating:
Download the game for free in the Appstore to get a feel of it: https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/tripeak-solitaire/...
Sabatino is an indepentent web, game & iOS developer, with complimentary skills in serverside development.
He started out as a game developer nearly 10 years ago, developing & publishing over 20 games, most of which racked up over 1 million unique players!
Besides writing code, Sabatino enjoys teaching and training others and he never stops exploring what's beyond his comfort zone.